Saturday, August 15, 2009

Just say thanks

So two of my best friends are having a baby. The father is a little bit anal when it comes to cleaning if you ask me, I think his wife would let it slip a little but not to much because she is a little like him just not as anal. However I always envy his home because it is so clean. So he calls me about a week ago asking if i want to have a lawn mowing party. IE we cut his then cut mine together. Well thing is my kids are old enough to cut the grass now so they do it for me. So a week goes by and I notice his yard is getting longer and longer. After I finished the front yard of mowing ( son went for a sleep over and was not able to finish) I looked over at there yard and decided that I wanted to cut there yard for them I was just going to do the front but then decided to do the back also. Well I guess they were home because they came out and wanted to know what the hell I was doing cutting there grass. I do not know. For some reason I guess I just wanted to. They felt bad I think that I was cutting there grass and they were in the house watching a movie, but it really was not about them or what they wanted. I just wanted to do it. It felt good doing something nice for someone else and not having to fell like they owe me anything. So I told them " just say thanks and leave it at that". The husband could not let it go so he helped me finish the back yard. Well here's to the two of them may there child fill the empty void that we all have without the little pitter patter and the hugs and kisses. ( I know some of you may not want children so if you do not have the void then pretend). Love you guys and I hope you have 3 more. And if you have nothing else to do then get over to my house and help me paint seeing as the new nursery rocks.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the help back then ;-) (well, and the help ALL the TIME!)

    ReplyDelete